Monday, March 8, 2010

Traveling By Train

I was wondering which type of transportation is better for the environment. As I was browsing the Internet, I discovered this article.



Title: Train Travel is Almost Always Better for the Environment

Author: Tracy Stokes

http://www.ecostreet.com/blog/responsible-travel/2006/08/14/train-travel-almost-always-better-for-the-environment/







This article talks about how traveling by train is easier on the environment. "A train uses up to 70% less energy and causes up to 85% less air pollution than a jet aircraft." That seems like a good reason to take a train to me. Some of the comments on this article talk about how train travel is less of a hassle. There isn't as much security so you don't have to arrive so early.



On one of my trips to Colorado we took the Amtrak train. It was a fun experience. We didn't have to arrive hours earlier or do a whole lot for security. Our trip was overnight so we didn't get to have a meal or look at the scenery. I defiantly recommend taking the train, especially because it's better for the environment!

No comments:

Post a Comment