Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Nodaway County

In one of my earlier posts I talked about staycations. Just in case you forgot, a staycation is vacation but you don't actually leave your community. Maryville really isn't that exciting but there are plenty of things around Nodaway County that can keep you busy.

The first thing I would suggest for anyone to do on their staycation is to go to the K&T Bar and Grill in Parnell, MO. I grew up outside of Parnell so i can tell you that the food there is amazing. Every Friday and Saturday night the place is packed.
My senior year, to get confirmed in the church, we had to go to a retreat to Conception Abbey. Even if you are not Catholic I still encourage you to visit. It is a very pretty place!



Another thing you should probably check out while around Conception is all the windmills. They are pretty cool to look at!

These aren't the actual windmills in Conception, but it's basically what they look like.

Growing up in Nodaway County I know that it can kind of be a boring place, but if you keep your mind open and look around you can defiantly find some interesting places with a lot of history.

1 comment: